This adventure story recounts the first round-world voyage of Tudor explorer Sir Francis Drake through the eyes of Dickon, a lame stowaway, who goes on to become Drake's cabin boy and personal hero. Readers learn about the harsh life that sailors in Tudor times experienced as they coped with storms, mutinies and illness on board ship.
• Ruby/Band 14 books give increasing opportunities for children to develop their skills of inference and deduction.
• Text type - An adventure story.
• Provides lots of opportunities for drama and writing activities. This title is paired with: How to be a Tudor in 20 easy stages, an information book that can be used to locate factual information about Tudor explorers and the Armada.
• Curriculum links - History: What were the effects of Tudor exploration?
• This book has been quizzed for Accelerated Reader
PUBLISHER: COLLINS EDUCATIONAL
SIZE: 5.83 x 0.1 x 8.27 INCHES
AGE GROUP: 8-9 YEARS
NUMBER OF PAGES: 48 PAGES